Maria McGugan is the owner of Maria McGugan Massage therapy Clinic in Orangeville. Maria completed her five year osteopathic education at Canadian College of Osteopathy in November 2018 is now practising as an Osteopathic Manual Practitioner. Maria performed her research / thesis on “The Effects of Global Osteopathic Treatment on Restless Legs Syndrome as Measured by IRLS©”.
Maria has completed the MAT® Specialist Program in Toronto, Ontario and will have her certification completed in February 2019.
In addition to providing traditional massage therapy, Maria practices other modalities that specialize in treating common chronic conditions such as low back pain, rotator cuff/shoulder injuries, tendonitis and lymphatic drainage. Maria’s approach is prevention by educating her clients about their condition, providing home exercises and self-care. Other services include spa massage treatments such as Detox Massage (Thai Hot Stem), Facial treatment, Body Wrap, Indian Head Massage and Ionic Foot Cleanse.
Maria is very enthusiastic and regularly taking workshops and programmes in order to be able to assists her patients better.
- Soft Tissue Release Certification, 2008
- Myofascial Release Cervical Worshop Certification, 2009
- Thai Hot Stem and Facial Hot Stem Certification, 2008/2009
- Matrix Repatterning Programme, 2009/2010 (Certification pending)
- Kiniseotaping Certified Practitioner, 2010
- Indian Head Massage Certification, 2010
- Body Wrap Treatment Certification, 2010
- Esalen Deep Tissue Workshop, 2010
- Acupuncture Progamme, 2011 (Diploma)
- Touch for Health Certification, 2012
- Tuina Massage, 2012
- Muscle Activation Technique Specialist Programme (Oct 2017 – June 2018)
- Osteopathy Progamme at Canadian College of Ostepathy – Toronto, 2012-2018
- Dr. Steve Sandler’s upcoming course on Obstetrics and the Neonate** (January 31- February 1,2,3, 2019), in Toronto.
Member of College of Massage Therapists of Ontario www.cmto.com
Member of Registered Massage Therapists’ Association of Ontario www.rmtao.com
Massage Therapist Volunteer/Supporter at the End to Breast Cancer Walk since September 2006-2010.
Member and supporter of Autism Ontario.